Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek is challenging and off beaten track that takes you to the world seventh highest mountain of the World. Dhaulagiri Base Camp trek is located at the altitude of 4750m and one can enjoy not only the spectacular view of Dhaulagri Mountain but also massif Annapurna Range and KaliGandaki Gorge. Annapurna Range is one of the most popular range situated inside the Annapurna Circuit, which is most popular destination of national and international tourists. Similarly, kaligandaki is one of the deepsed gorge of the world.
Dhaulagiri Base Camp is a hidden valley of Magar, Thakali and Gurung people enriched with myriad of wild animals, bridss, thick forest (rhododendron in season), glaciers, flora and fauna. In order to reach Dhaulagiri base camp, trekkers have to cross two high passes the French pass (5,240m/17,192ft) and the Thapa pass (5,155m/16,913ft which is quite challenging and difficult.
During your trek, sometimes we have to stop in teahouses for a small break, which is not so much facilitated. They have shared washing rooms and toilet. Similarly, it is easier to get the single room at Kathmandu and lower elevation places. However, in high altitude accommodations are on twin sharing basis. However, Jatra Travels will arrange a single room along with attached bathroom as much as possible.
One thing, we will happily customize the trek package according to your size and preference. No matter what the group size is, one or over twelve, we happily run trek for them.
Note down that, you will get a Jatra Travels printed tee-shirt along with a tag “I have successfully explored Dhaulagiri Region, Nepal, Do you? absolutely free. Similarly, we will provide you with a duffle bag for each of our trekkers without paying any charge, but you have to return it after coming back to Kathmandu.
***Furthermore, if any of our trekkers want to take a sauna and spa for relaxation, then we take them to one of the best boutique hotels in Kathmandu, Royal Empire Boutique Hotel, for a couple of hours without taking any extra cost.
*Jatra travels is one of the most trusted tours and travels company of Nepal that has been working on tourism area from more than a decade. We will provide experienced guides who speak fluent English and other major language. We take of all legal permits to so don’t worry about legal terms and conditions while staying over here in Nepal. Relax and explore the beauty.
- All ground transportations by private vehicle including airport transfers
- Three nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu including tour guide, entry fees and vehicle
- Meals on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) prepared by our expert cook
- Twin sharing tented accommodation during the trek
- An experience guide, required number of porters, their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment
- Trekking equipment (two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, table with chairs, kitchen utensils, and other necessary equipment during the trek)
- Jomsom to Pokhara flight including departure tax
- Sleeping bag
- Safe drinking water, boiled/iodine tablets.
- First aid medical kit bag
- All necessary permits for trek
- All government and local taxes
- Office service charge
- Meals not specified in the ‘Meal Inclusions’ in the itinerary’
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa:
- All cold drinks such as: alcoholic beverages, mineral water, Coke, Fanta, juice, etc.
- Personal shopping and laundry, phone, internet bill etc.
- Personal trekking equipment
- Tips for trekking crews
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the departure.|
|MAXIMUM ALTITUDE||5360 M|
|TRIP LEVEL||Very Strenuous|
|BEST SEASON||September, October, November, Early December, March, April & May|
Day 01 – Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
Day 02 – Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour.
Day 03 – Drive to Beni (850m) Duration: 8-9 hrs
Day 04 – Trek to Babiachor (950m) Duration: 05 hrs
Day 05 – Trek to Dharapani (1400m) Duration: 6 hrs
Day 06 – Trek to Muri (1800m) Duration: 5 hrs
Day 07 – Trek to Boghara (2080m) Duration: 6 hrs
Day 08 – Trek to Dobang (2520m) Duration: 5 hrs
Day 09 – Trek to Choriban Khola (3110m) Duration: 5 hrs
Day 10 – Trek to Italian Base Camp (3660m) Duration: 7 hrs
Day 11 – Acclimatization and rest day
Day 12 – Trek to Glacier Camp (4210m) Duration: 6 hrs
Day 13 – Trek to Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4740m) Duration: 7 hrs
Day 14 – Acclimatization and Rest Day
Day 15 – Cross French Pass (5360m) then trek to Hidden Valley (5200m) Duration: 6 hrs
Day 16 – Cross Dhampus Pass (5200m), and trek to Yak Kharka (3680m) Duration: 6 hrs
Day 17 – Trek to Jomsom (2710m) Duration: 5 hrs
Day 18 – Fly to Pokhara (910m) Duration: 20-minutes
Day 19 – Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 20 – Farewell