Upper Dolpo lies in the western part of Nepal, which is highly influenced by the Tibetan and Bon Po culture. It is hidden just behind the majestic Dhaulagiri massif It is very remote and less traveled valley of the Nepal. the people of the Dolpo region are Tibet, share their culture and arts, and totally different what you see in the other Tibetan plateau trekking spots. As the valley is less touched by the outer people, most of its area is still unexplored and you can also call it as the Last Forbidden kingdom just like Upper Mustang. Dolpo Region was restricted once but now you can travel there by paying a hefty sum of amount and restricted area permit.
The Dolpo region is popular for the Phoksundo Lake which is 3,611.5 m above the sea level. The valley is also popular for the thrilling high passes, breathtaking landscapes, and waterfall. Shey Gompa, Saldang, Dho Tarap, Jeng La Pass is most popular high passes of Upper Dolpa. You can also the Dolpo valley in the movie Caravan, which was shot in the Dolpo region, showing the lifestyle of the Dolpo people. It was Nepal’s first English subtitled movie and also got nominated in Oscar.
So, be a part of this life time expreience trek to hidden valley of the Nepal.
Major Attractions of Upper Dolpo Trek
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park
- Shey-Phoksundo Lake
- Shey Gompa, Saldang, Dho Tarap, Jeng La Pass
- Blue Sheep
- Musk Dear
- Lifestyle of nomadic people
- Yarshagumba- a medicinal herb
During your trek, sometimes we have to stop in teahouses for a small break, which is not so much facilitated. They have shared washing rooms and toilet. Similarly, it is easier to get the single room in Kathmandu and lower elevation places. However, in high altitude accommodations are on twin sharing basis. However, Jatra Travels will arrange a single room along with attached bathroom as much as possible.
One thing, we will happily customize the trek package according to your size and preference. No matter what the group size is, one or over twelve, we happily run trek for them.
Note down that, you will get a Jatra Travels printed tee-shirt along with a tag “I have successfully explored Langtang Valley, Nepal, Do you? Absolutely free. Similarly, we will provide you with a duffle bag for each of our trekkers without paying any charge, but you have to return it after coming back to Kathmandu.
***Furthermore, if any of our trekkers want to take a sauna and spa for relaxation, then we take them to one of the best boutique hotels in Kathmandu, Royal Empire Boutique Hotel, for a couple of hours without taking any extra cost.
*Jatra travels is one of the most trusted tours and travels company of Nepal that has been working on tourism area from more than a decade. We will provide experienced guides who speak fluent English and other major language. We take of all legal permits to so don’t worry about legal terms and conditions while staying over here in Nepal. Relax and explore the beauty.
- Airport Pick up and Drop off by private vehicle
- 3 nights accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin sharing basis including Breakfast.
- Kathmandu City Tour with Government license holder Tour guide by Private Vehicle.
- City tour Sightseeing entry fees.
- Professional Government license holder experienced trekking guide and porters.
- Guide and porters food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing, and medicine.
- Twin sharing Tea house/Lodges Accommodation during the trek.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek.
- Upper Dolpo Trekking Permit.
- TIMS Card for the Upper Dolpo Trek.
- First aid kit ( Carried by your Guide).
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter Service ( paid by your travel insurance company )if in case.
- Fare well Dinner at Nepali Restaurant
- All necessary Government taxes, paper works, office Service charge etc.
- Lunch and dinner during Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee,
- International Airfare, City tour Sightseeing entry fees.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance
- Personal Trekking equipment
- Tips for the Guide and Porters ( Tipping is Expected )
- Hot shower and Battery charging at the tea house
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the departure.|
|MAXIMUM ALTITUDE||5360 M|
|BEST SEASON||September, October, November, Early December, March, April & May|
|TRIP ROUTE||Kathmandu- Nepalgunj- Jhupal-Sulighat-Phoksundo-Shey Gompa-Sibu-Dunai-Nepalgung-Kathmandu|
Day 01 : Airport pick up and drop off by private car
Day 02 : Kathmandu valley sightseeing
Day 03 : Fly to Nepalgunj (152m) from Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
Day 04 : Fly to Jumla (2370m) trek to Gothi Chaur (2700m)
Day 05 : Trek to Naphukana (3080m)
Day 06 : Trek to Balasa (3080m)
Day 07 : Trek to Kaigaon (2610m)
Day 08 : Trek to Toijem (2920m)
Day 09 : Trek to Kagmara La Phedi(4000m)
Day 10 : Cross Kagmara La (5115m) to Lasa (4060m)
Day 11 : Trek to Samduwa (3160m)
Day 12 : Trek to Phoksumdo Lake (3730m)
Day 13 : Rest & Excursion around Phoksumdo
Day 14 : Trek to Pine forest camp
Day 15 : Trek to Kangla base camp
Day 16 : Cross Kang La (5375m) trek to Shey Gompa(4390m)
Day 17 : Trek to Namgung(4430m)
Day 18 : Trek to Karang (4050m)
Day 19 : Trek to Mugaon (4100m)
Day 20 : Trek to Shimen (4010m)
Day 21 : Trek to Tinje (4150m)
Day 22 : Trek to Do Tarap (4080m
Day 23 : Trek to Naworpani /Sim Odar (2620m)
Day 24 : Trek to Lahini (3160m)
Day 25 : Trek to Tarakot (2520m)
Day 26 : Trek to Juphal (2490m)
Day 27 : Flight to Nepalgunj then flight to Kathmandu
Day 28 : Drop to Airport for final departure