Planning for Everest helicopter tour from Kathmandu? or Who doesn’t want to have breakfast on the lap of the world’s tallest mountain, Mt. Everest? If yes, then Jatra travels offer you the incredible opportunity to fly over Everest Khumbu region and have breakfast while watching the majestic Mt. Everest. Not only that you can also enjoy the panoramic view of other neighboring Himalayas like Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Cho Oyu, Makalu, Nuptse, and others. You will be having breakfast at Everest View Hotel in Khumbu, which is the highest located hotel in the world and also got listed in Guniess world’s record.
If you have limited time and want to see the top of the world, then an Everest base camp helicopter tour can be a great option. The helicopter tour allows you to experience the stunning beauty of the Himalayas in a shorter amount of time and without the physical demands of a trek.
During the Everest base camp helicopter tour, you will fly over the picturesque mountain villages, glacial rivers, and lush forests of the Khumbu region. You will also get a close-up view of the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas, including Mount Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, and Ama Dablam.
The helicopter tour typically includes a stop at the Everest base camp, where you can spend some time taking in the breathtaking scenery and capturing memorable photos. Depending on the tour package, you may also have the opportunity to visit the nearby Kala Patthar viewpoint, which offers a stunning panoramic view of the Himalayas.
While the Everest base camp helicopter tour is a more expensive option than a traditional trek, it can be a great option for those with limited time or physical limitations. It’s important to note that the weather conditions in the Himalayas can be unpredictable, so be sure to check the weather forecast before booking your tour. Additionally, it’s important to choose a reputable tour operator with experienced pilots and well-maintained helicopters to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Major Attractions of Everest Helicopter Tour
- Aerial View of the Himalayas: One of the main attractions of the Everest helicopter tour is the opportunity to witness the spectacular views of the Himalayan mountain range. You will get a bird’s-eye view of towering peaks, including Mount Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, and Ama Dablam, among others.
- Everest Base Camp: The tour usually includes a stop at the Everest Base Camp, which is located at an altitude of 5,364 meters (17,598 feet). You’ll get a chance to see the colorful tents and prayer flags of the mountaineers who attempt to climb Mount Everest. You’ll also be able to take in the spectacular views of the surrounding mountains.
- Kala Patthar View Point: Some tours include a stop at Kala Patthar, which is a popular viewpoint that offers stunning panoramic views of the Himalayas. The viewpoint is located at an altitude of 5,550 meters (18,209 feet) and is known for its breathtaking views of Mount Everest.
- Namche Bazaar: You’ll also fly over the picturesque village of Namche Bazaar, which is located at an altitude of 3,440 meters (11,290 feet). The village is known for its vibrant markets, shops, and restaurants, as well as its stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Tengboche Monastery: The Tengboche Monastery is one of the most famous and picturesque monasteries in the Himalayas. You’ll get a chance to see this ancient monastery from above, with its stunning backdrop of the mountains.
- Traditional Sherpa Villages: During the helicopter tour, you will fly over the picturesque Sherpa villages nestled in the mountains. You will have the opportunity to observe the traditional Sherpa lifestyle and their unique culture.
Best time for the Everest Helicopter Tour
September – October – November – December – March – April – May
The best time to go for the Everest helicopter tour is during the autumn and spring seasons. The autumn season runs from September to November, and the spring season runs from March to May. During these seasons, the weather is generally dry and clear, providing excellent visibility and making it easier to get a clear view of the Himalayan peaks.
In the autumn season, the weather is generally stable with clear skies, which is ideal for helicopter tours. The temperature during this season is also mild, making it comfortable for visitors to explore the region.
In the spring season, the weather is also pleasant with clear skies, and the mountains are covered in colorful blooming flowers, which adds to the beauty of the region. The spring season is also an excellent time for wildlife viewing, including Himalayan tahr, musk deer, and different bird species.
However, it’s important to note that the weather conditions in the Himalayas can be unpredictable, and even during the peak season, there can be occasional cloudy or stormy weather. Therefore, it’s always advisable to check the weather forecast before booking your Everest helicopter tour.
In summary, the best time to go for the Everest helicopter tour is during the autumn and spring seasons when the weather is generally stable and clear, providing excellent visibility of the Himalayan peaks.
Kathmandu – Lukla – Everest Base Camp – syangboche – Lukla – Kathmandu
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour Itinerary
06:00 am: Guide will Pick up From Hotel
07:00 am: Flight from Kathmandu Airport to Lukla
07:55 am: Land in Lukla airport for fuel
08: 10 am: after 15 minutes, fly from lukla to Everest base camp
8:50 to 9:05: Everest Base Camp to Syangboche for breakfast
9:05 to 9:50: Breakfast at Hotel Everest View,
9:50 to 11:10: After breakfast fly back to Lukla then Kathmandu
11:10: Guide will take you to hotel from airport
- Private ground transport: hotel-airport-hotel.
- Helicopter for the Everest base camp.
- Staff’s insurance.
- Government taxes.
- Good morning breakfast at Everest View Hotel.
- Everest Entry fee.
- Guide Salary.
- Down Jacket ( if needed ).
- Any personal expenses
- Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Food and drinks
- Tips for the staff
- Private Transport for Airport pick up and drop off
- Helicopter from Kathmandu Everest Kathmandu
Cancellation Policy :
- If cancellations are made 24 hrs before the trip, 0% of total cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- There will be a 100% charge for cancellations made at the last minute.
Confirmation Policy :
- The customer receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking