Price of Helicopter Tour to Mount Everest from Kathmandu.
Helicopter Tour to Mount Everest from Kathmandu.
USD $999 per-person
Helicopter tours to Mount Everest from Kathmandu are a thrilling and popular way to experience the beauty of the Himalayas. These tours typically depart from Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and fly over the stunning landscapes of Nepal towards the world’s highest peak, Mount Everest.
During the tour, passengers can enjoy panoramic views of the Himalayas, including other iconic peaks such as Lhotse, Cho Oyu, and Makalu. Additionally, the tour offers a bird’s-eye view of the Khumbu Glacier, the Gokyo Lakes, and the Everest Base Camp.
Most helicopter tours to Mount Everest from Kathmandu take around 3/4 hours, with a stopover at a Everest View hotel for breakfast. This stopover also allows passengers to acclimatize to the high altitude and take in the breathtaking scenery of the Himalayas.
Helicopter tours to Mount Everest from Kathmandu are a fantastic way to experience the majesty of the Himalayas without the time and effort required for a traditional trek to Everest Base Camp. These tours are ideal for travelers with limited time in Nepal or those who prefer a more luxurious way to explore the mountains.
Best time for Helicopter Tour Everest
- September – October – November – December – March – April – May
The best time to go on an Everest helicopter tour is during the spring and autumn seasons in Nepal.
The spring season, from March to May, offers clear skies and stable weather conditions, making it an ideal time to view the stunning Himalayan landscapes from the helicopter. The temperature during this time is also mild and pleasant, which makes for a comfortable tour experience.
Similarly, the autumn season, from September to November, is also an excellent time for helicopter tours to Mount Everest. During this time, the skies are clear, and the weather is stable, making it an ideal time for aerial sightseeing. The temperature is also comfortable during this season, which is perfect for a helicopter tour.
However, it’s worth noting that weather conditions in the Himalayas can be unpredictable, and flights may be subject to cancellation or delay due to unfavorable weather. So it’s always advisable to check the weather forecast and plan accordingly.
Major Attractions of Everest Helicopter Tour
Aerial View of the Himalayas: One of the main attractions of the Everest helicopter tour is the opportunity to witness the spectacular views of the Himalayan mountain range. You will get a bird’s-eye view of towering peaks, including Mount Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, and Ama Dablam, among others.
- Everest Base Camp: The tour usually includes a stop at the Everest Base Camp, which is located at an altitude of 5,364 meters (17,598 feet). You’ll get a chance to see the colorful tents and prayer flags of the mountaineers who attempt to climb Mount Everest. You’ll also be able to take in the spectacular views of the surrounding mountains.
- Kala Patthar View Point: Some tours include a stop at Kala Patthar, which is a popular viewpoint that offers stunning panoramic views of the Himalayas. The viewpoint is located at an altitude of 5,550 meters (18,209 feet) and is known for its breathtaking views of Mount Everest.
- Namche Bazaar: You’ll also fly over the picturesque village of Namche Bazaar, which is located at an altitude of 3,440 meters (11,290 feet). The village is known for its vibrant markets, shops, and restaurants, as well as its stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Tengboche Monastery: The Tengboche Monastery is one of the most famous and picturesque monasteries in the Himalayas. You’ll get a chance to see this ancient monastery from above, with its stunning backdrop of the mountains.
- Traditional Sherpa Villages: During the helicopter tour, you will fly over the picturesque Sherpa villages nestled in the mountains. You will have the opportunity to observe the traditional Sherpa lifestyle and their unique culture.
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Everest Base Camp – syangboche – Lukla – Kathmandu
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour Itinerary
- 06:00 am: Guide will pick up From Hotel
- 07:00 am: Flight from Kathmandu Airport to Lukla
- 07:55 am: Land in Lukla airport for fuel
- 08: 10 am: after 15 minutes, fly from lukla to Everest base camp
- 8:50 to 9:05: Everest Base Camp to Syangboche for breakfast
- 9:05 to 9:50: Breakfast at Hotel Everest View,
- 9:50 to 11:10: After breakfast fly back to Lukla then Kathmandu
- 11:10: Guide will take you to hotel from airport
The cost of a helicopter tour to Everest Base Camp can vary depending on the tour operator and the package selected. However, here are some common inclusions that you can expect to find in most packages:
Helicopter ride: The cost of the helicopter ride is typically included in the package.
Airport transfers: Private vehicle transfers to and from Hotel to airport in Kathmandu
National park fees: The cost of the Sagarmatha National Park permit and TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System) card are typically included in the package.
Breakfast: These packages include a meal stopover at a Everest View hotel, where you can enjoy breakfast.
Oxygen cylinder: As the helicopter tour involves flying at high altitudes, an oxygen cylinder is provided in the helicopter for emergency purposes.
Professional guide: A professional guide will accompany you during the tour, providing insights and information about the region and its culture.
Landing fees: The cost of landing fees at Everest Base Camp or other locations during the tour is generally included in the package.
Down Jacket: If you require a down jacket for your Everest helicopter tour, it can be provided by the tour operator. However, it is important to note that the jacket must be returned after completing the tour.
No Extra Cost: Cost includes government tax and all necessary paperwork.
- Any personal expenses
- Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Food and drinks
- Tips for the staff
- Private Transport for Airport pick up and drop off
- Helicopter from Kathmandu Everest Kathmandu
- If cancellations are made 24 hrs before the trip, 0% of total cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- There will be a 100% charge for cancellations made at the last minute.
- The customer receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking