Major Attractions of Upper Mustang Trek:-
- Lo Manthang, The last Forbidden Kingdom
- Lower Mustang Region
- Driving by kali gandaki River
- Muktinath Temple, Kagbeni Valley
- Chosar Cave, Leopard Cave and Dumba Lake
- Pokhara Valley and Kathmandu Valley
Upper Mustang Trek is one of the best trek for those who want to see the paradise while being alive. It is hidden, treasured and untouched region of Mustang, which clearly shows you the lifestyle of Tibetan and Nepalese elements. Mustang is formally known as the Kingdom of Lo and the capital of Mustang is Lo Manthang. Once Upper mustang was the major selected route for trading salt route between India and Tibet. The last king of Mustang still has a home in Lo Manthang. And it is the last place in nepal to be ruled by the king. The trekking for international citizens over Upper Mustang was restricted till 1992. Even today international trekkers must be accompanied by the Nepali government registered officer in order to get the special trekking permit over the least explored region of Upper Mustang. Due to restriction, the upper mustang is also called The Last Forbidden Kingdom.
During your trek to the Upper Mustang throughout the journey, you will see beautiful landscapes, rugged arid mountains, deep canyons, eroded cliffs and Moraine valleys. Once you reach the windy city of Jomsom, you will be surrounded by the desert mountain, standing ahead the white snow capped mountain.
Upper Mustang not only shows you the natural delights also the culture and tradition of four to five ethnic tribes in one trip. Upper Mustang is gateway to Tibetan High Passes and the Hidden Shangri-La Dolpo. The city is full with monasteries, ancient hamlet, and people with red cheeks (because of cold) and white broad heart warming smile.
During your trek, sometimes we have to stop in teahouses for a small break, which is not so much facilitated. They have shared washing rooms and toilet. Similarly, it is easier to get the single room at Kathmandu and lower elevation places. However, in high altitude accommodations are on twin sharing basis. However, Jatra Travels will arrange a single room along with attached bathroom as much as possible.
Note down that, you will get a Jatra Travels printed tee-shirt along with a tag “I have successfully explored Annapurna region, Nepal, Do you? absolutely free. Similarly, we will provide you with a duffle bag for each of our trekkers without paying any charge, but you have to return it after coming back to Kathmandu.
***Furthermore, if any of our trekkers want to take a sauna and spa for relaxation, then we take them to one of the best boutique hotels in Kathmandu, Royal Empire Boutique Hotel, for a couple of hours without taking any extra cost.
*Jatra travels is one of the most trusted tours and travels company of Nepal that has been working for tourism area from more than a decade. We will provide experienced guides who speak fluent English and other major language. We take of all legal permits to so don’t worry about legal terms and conditions while staying over here in Nepal. Relax and explore the beauty.
- All airport/Hotel transfer-
- 3 star Hotel in Kathmandu for 3 nights with breakfast
- Flight Kathmandu-Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara
- Pokhara city tour by private transport
- 3 star Hotel in Pokhara for 1 night with breakfast
- All necessary paper work and permits ( Annapurna Conservation Permit and Upper Mustang restricted permits USD$ 500.00 per person)
- An experienced English-speaking Govt. registered trekking guide and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Full meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner on your choice
- Seasonal fresh fruits deserts every day
- All mountain accommodation
- Guide & porter salary, insurance, equipment, food and lodging
- A comprehensive First Aid kit
- All government and local taxes
- sleeping bag
- Pokhara-Kathmandu by Car
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu/Pokhara
- Hot and bottle drinks
- Electronic device recharge
- Wi Fi
- Travel insurance and medical evacuation
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the departure.|
|MAXIMUM ALTITUDE||3840 M|
|BEST SEASON||September, October, November, Early December, March, April & May|
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
- Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing and trek preparation
- Day 03: Kathmandu – Pokhara (910m/2,986ft): 25 min flight
- Day 04: Pokhara – Jomsom – Kagbeni (2,858m/9,375ft): 20 min flight, 8km, 3-4 hrs trek
- Day 05: Kagbeni – Chele (3,050m/10,004ft): 12km, 5-6 hrs
- Day 06: Chele – Gelling (3,570m/11,200ft): 14km, 6-7 hrs
- Day 07: Gelling – Tsarang (3,575/11,750ft): 14km, 6-7 hrs
- Day 08: Tsarang – Lo Manthang (3,840m/12,800ft): 10km, 4-5 hrs
- Day 09: Lo Manthang: Rest and exploration day
- Day 10: Lo Manthang – Drakmar (3,810 m/12,500ft): 14km, 6-7 hrs
- Day 11: Drakmar – Shyangmochen (3,806m/12,484ft): 12km, 5-6 hrs
- Day 12: Shyangmochen – Chhuksang (3,050m/10,004ft): 12km, 5-6 hrs
- Day 13: Chhuksang – Jomsom (2,700/8,856ft): 14km, 6-7 hrs
- Day 14: Jomsom – Pokhara (20 min flight) – Kathmandu (1,300/4,264ft): 5 hrs
- Day 15: Final Departure. Transfer to International Airport and fly to your onward destination.
There are no reviews yet.